Sunday, May 10, 2009

Spot-billed Ground-Tyrant and Lesser Shrike-Tyrant

Here is a Spot-billed Ground-Tyrant and a still not identified flycatcher from Sucre, Bolivia. The unidentified flycatcher behaved like a Ground-Tyrant, but what confuses me is the amount of white on the wings. The wing projection is also to short for most of the Ground-Tyrants. Any suggestions? The birds perched on the fence at the airport at 2870 m.
Spot-billed Ground-Tyrant
Several persons have indicated that this is a Lesser Shrike-Tyrant. This is my third observation of this bird in Sucre, and the first I have photographed. It means that I have seen this species earlier in the same general area four years ago, but I still didn't manage to recognize it. I guess that the small size confused me.

Lesser (Mouse-brown) Shrike-Tyrant

No comments: