Monday, December 14, 2009

Returning from Loreto 08.11.09

The king of all frogs almost twice the size of my hand.

This is what you can get for 3 USD a day in Loreto, a room with a bed.

Sunday morning I planned to watch birds close to Loreto and then return to Trinidad in the afternoon. I woke up at 06:00 AM, and I soon realized that I had to change my plans. It had rained several hours by then, and the sound of the frogs was intense. The frogs were everywhere, and I observed one almost twice the size of my hand.

The rain stopped at 08:30 AM, and I started to look for a car that could bring me back to Trinidad. Mauricio told me that it could be difficult to drive shortly after the rain, but hopefully someone could give me a lift. Luckily one of the local drivers decided to go at 11:00 AM, and despite some difficulties we used only two hour on our way back to Trinidad. Below: A Piculet, but witch species?

No comments: